Christmas in Sedona
To say Christmas in Sedona is magical, is an understatement. The desert cactus, red rocks, green pinions, and color-changing oaks; add the dusting from recent snowfall and Sedona transforms into a wild, yet serene, winter wonderland. Whether it is the energy of the vortexes or the cheer-filled community, Sedona wraps you into a Christmas fairy tale.
Spend this holiday season relaxing at a luxurious resort or next to the water on Oak Creek with a glass of wine; get a deep massage or a spiritual cleanse. Sedona is one of the most relaxing places to escape the holiday madness. Restore yourself with grounding hikes that take you to breath-taking scenic views, or inspire your heart with art and local magic. It's the perfect place for restoration before bringing in the New Year.
If you want adventure, the options are endless. Popular experiences include exploring Red Rock country by jeep or ATV. If you want to explore by your own means, winter hiking and biking is quite enjoyable in December. Christmas in Sedona is a magical place for everyone to enjoy!
Our Favorite Christmas Itinerary for a day in Sedona:
- Get outside in the early morning - Try to catch a view of the wildlife and get a fresh hike or bike ride in. Sedona Bike and Bean is perfect for the early morning coffee right at the trailhead. Or get breathtaking views on Huckaby Trail, a moderate 5.6 mile hike.
- Brunch at Chocolatree! A great restaurant in Sedona for their vibe, ethics and vegan menu. Sit on the back patio to enjoy the garden lounge. Closed December 17, but open for 2 seatings at noon and 3:30 on December 25th!
- After brunch and amazing chocolate, walk it off around Tlaquepaque, shopping and checking out the incredible art or rest with an incredible massage. The nearest massage will be at Tlaquepaque's Los Abrigados Resort spa.
- If you want a full day - get back outside with a jeep tour. Or slow it down and take it easy at one of the wineries down the road in Page Springs.
- Finally, end your day with an unforgettable meal at Mariposa Latin Inspired Grill, Elote Cafe or Dahl and DiLuca Ristorante Italiano! Three local favorite restaurants for a beautiful night out in stunning Sedona. (Elote does not take reservations but be sure to make a reservation for Mariposa or Dahl and DiLuca)
Helpful Tips for a Christmas vacation in Sedona:
- Book your trip in advance!
- Bring sunscreen and a hat.
- Hiking boots - trails can potentially be muddy and icy.
- Show love and respect to the locals and the land.
Christmas & Holiday Events in Sedona