- This smooth soaring “aerial nature walk” is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. Gentle, exciting, yet peaceful, a hot air balloon ride over Sedona offers you a birds-eye view of the gorgeous red rocks, while being guided by an experienced pilot who can show you things you may have never noticed otherwise. Rides begin at sunrise, allowing you to breathe in the invigorating, fresh morning air. You’ll lift off and flow with the wind over wildlife, Native American ruins and other spectacular things. Enjoy this rare 360 degree view of one the most beautiful places in North America. After the hot air balloon lands, there is typically a commemorative picnic or champagne toast to celebrate all that was just experienced.
- This isn’t the Bible story of Jesus’ first miracle. Sedona Adventure Tours takes its guests on a kayaking adventure down the Verde River though scenic landscapes to a place where the wine flows like the water that got them there. This one hour water trip in a Ducky Kayak is said to have “just enough chutes and riffles to add a bit of excitement without ruffling ay feathers.” The adventure continues at the beautiful Alcantera Vineyards for some wine-tasting in a Tuscan styled farmhouse that overlooks the vineyards and rolling hills.
- Sedona is known for it’s vortexes, which entice people from all over the world to come experience transformational energetic healing and balancing. There are different paths of spiritual guidance to choose from; whether this will be your first time taking this type of journey or you’re already experienced and are looking for more guidance and further growth, Sedona is full of people who dedicate their lives to helping others find balance and spiritual direction. If this isn’t your kind of thing, than you should definitely do it - then you’re certain to experience a new perspective!
- If a hot air balloon ride is a little too open, exposed or free-flying for your comfort zone, consider going on a helicopter ride over the red rock canyon. Get the same bird’s eye view, but be enclosed and protected from the elements. Some of the advantages a helicopter has over a hot air balloon are that helicopters go where you want them to go, they land quickly, and can hover over areas that you’d like to spend more time looking at. But that’s a trade off when it comes to the quiet, peaceful flight of a hot air ballon versus the loud sound of a helicopter’s motor and spinning blades. Either way, both are well-worth the time, money and the rare view of gorgeous Sedona.
- Believe it or not, you don’t have to be a professional rock climber to experience rock climbing up one of those beautiful sand stone towers or walls in Sedona. Seriously. But that’s because there are professionals you can hire to help you do it safely and enjoyably. The red rocks of Sedona will never look the same to you once you’ve begun interacting with it in this very detailed way. Each flake you hold onto as you climb up a spire is a detail that would have gone unnoticed when just viewing Sedona’s red rocks as a beautiful backdrop or landscape. There’s beauty in every inch of these red rocks and this is one hell of a way to experience it. Though you do not have to be an experienced rock climber to hire a guide, it is recommended and helpful to be on the fitter side, not terribly afraid of heights, and to keep your sense of adventure with you the whole time.
- The world through a lens - it can be amplified, reduced, captured and even assigned emotion. Sedona is one of those places where photographs rarely seem to do it justice, unless you’re a professional photographer. Sedona Photography Workshops are an amazing opportunity to go take pictures in locations with breathtaking views off the beaten path under the instruction and guidance of a fantastic photographer. Each workshop is catered to the client’s anticipated photographic experience so that it is unique, authentic, and organic in nature. From composition and field technique to digital darkroom tips and printing this is an experience like no other.
There's a new helicopter tour company in town offering rides in Robinson R44 and R66 helicopters, which have unrivaled views. Check out Guidance Air!